tzcode standard C patch

Torsten Duwe duwe at caldera.de
Wed Jul 26 08:21:26 UTC 2000

[So tz is a mailing list -- I see :-]

    Paul> Thanks for reporting this.  You shouldn't need that patch; all you
    Paul> should need to do is to compile with -DHAVE_STRERROR=1.  That being
    Paul> said, I think HAVE_STRERROR should default to 1 these days;
    Paul> strerror has been in the C standard for more than a decade and I no
    Paul> longer have access to any hosts that lack strerror.

    Paul> Here's a proposed patch.
[...]

Ah, yes -- my patch was too short-sighted, trying to cure the symptom
only. And, ado: the sys_errlist[] declaration has a bunch of const's
scattered all over. I think " extern const char * const sys_errlist[]; " is
correct; that's what made the compiler choke in the first place. I think one
could even put another const in between "char" and "*" ... ;-)

Thanks for solving it "The Right Way[tm]"

	Torsten