Time Zone Localizations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sat Jun 12 05:59:44 UTC 2004

> Use the Olson name of the city in that case.  It's not ideal, but it
> still helps a great deal.  (Transliterated when necessary.)

Not sure that would be the best, as I said. Have to run it by a number of
country contacts.

> > Of course, the chances of something sensible like this are, well,  zip.]
>
> Not really.  The appropriate time for DST changes depends on latitude,
> and in the Southern Hemisphere it goes the other way.

If you look at the zone data, there is really not much of a correlation between
latitude and daylight start/stop. And if you read my example, there were three
cases, with a clear indication of whether it was N daylight savings or S
daylight savings.