Haiti on DST

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Apr 4 08:12:20 UTC 2006

Steffen Thorsen <straen at thorsen.priv.no> writes:

> I have been informed by users that Haiti observes DST this year like
> last year, so the current "only" rule for 2005 might be changed to a
> "max" rule or to last until 2006. (Who knows if they will observe DST
> next year or if they will extend their DST like US/Canada next year).

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm inclined to put in a "max" rule for now,
reasoning by analogy from earlier Haitian experiments with DST.  (I
have little experience with Haitian politics so I have no idea what
they will do next year.)

I'll put this in my next proposed change, which I guess will have to
be very soon, given that Haitian time stamps are wrong right now in
the tz database.