DST in Philippines 1990 etc.

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Apr 27 07:18:34 UTC 2006

Jesper Norgaard Welen <jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx> writes:

> I saw an article about the plans for implementing DST in Philippines, that
> claims that Philippines had DST last time in 1990:
>
> http://story.philippinetimes.com/p.x/ct/9/id/145be20cc6b121c0/cid/3e5bbccc730d258c/

Yes, this sounds like the earlier story that I mentioned
<http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=politics02_april26_2006>,
except there it sounded like it wasn't true DST, but was simply the
government urging businesses to start their workday earlier.
Without further details I guess we'll have to leave the data as it is.

> http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/2006/04/26/nacionales/18036
> claims that DST will start 2006-04-30 at 2:00, and will last until the
> end of august (without being more specific).

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't know where that article got the
"August" from, since the actual announcement from the president's
office doesn't say "August".

http://www.presidencia.gob.ni/Presidencia/Files_index/Secretaria/Comunicados/2006/PRESIDENTE/250406-Que%20la%20Crisis%20originada%20por%20el%20alza%20constante%20de%20los%20precios%20internacionales.htm

Still, any guess is better than no guess, and I suppose we can guess
the first Sunday in September at 02:00.