Public Domain Notices

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Wed Jul 12 19:20:29 UTC 2006

We're run into an issue on the ICU project. Some of the code files contain
public domain notices, such as

tzfile.h
/*
** This file is in the public domain, so clarified as of
** 1996-06-05 by Arthur David Olson.
*/

However, other files, like zic.c are missing that notice. It is our
impression that the goal was for all the code to be public domain. What we'd
request is:

a) an email stating that it is the intention for all the files to be public
domain.

b) in the next release of the code, for all the files to contain a public
domain notice. (If this isn't possible, there are just 2 that we really need
it to be on.)

Mark