C#/VB.NET PublicDomain Olson Time Zone Database Implementation

Phillip Guerra Phillip.Guerra at nkch.org
Thu Aug 23 15:00:45 UTC 2007

When last I reviewed this package, it included a variety of librairies,
not just the tz implementation.  In my opinion, this detracts from it's
acceptance from a broad spectrum of .Net users.  There is alos criticism
of the library name 'PublicDomain' as not being descriptive of the
contents of the library.

Now, I've not used the library, but after my initial review, I would not
be an adopter of this particular implementation. I'm not sure if it
should be the .Net defacto implementation.  However, in fairness to the
developer, it's a start for folks wondering about how to go about this
tz integration in a .Net MS world.  The lastest MS implementation of
timezone information builds upon the already flawed practice of storing
information in the registry.  Although, the data structures improved a
bit, this implementation still leave a lot to be desired.