Proposed change to time zone northamerica file: deferred Cuban DST

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 12 14:56:06 UTC 2008

    Date:        Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:07:06 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Arthur David Olson <olsona at elsie.nci.nih.gov>

  |  I'll try to put tzdata2008b.tar.gz in place this coming Saturday morning
  | (to--barely--beat the transition time).

There isn't a lot of point rushing that much (perhaps if it were released
right now when it might actually help, but not for just a day, on a weekend,
when most people probably won't install it anyway).

After Sunday the old tzdata goes back to being (apparently) correct,
assuming that the recent news report is accurate.  It is just during
this week that things are broken (of course, it should be fixed so old
timestamps get reported correctly, but that's less urgent than dealing
with "the time right now")

kre