About China time zones

Luther Ma ma.lude.xj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 10:33:23 UTC 2010

I might also say here that adding a new population center in Xinjiang
that is UTC +8:00 to the tz database (as originally suggested in
"first pass at Uyghur time" 2009.11.21)  is unnecessary and redundant
(besides having other potential problems) because the population that
uses +8:00 uses it precisely because they consider Beijing their
center (which we, of course, call  Shanghai/Asia). :P

Just my opinion, of course. Once again, I'll accept "first pass" if it
is to be the last pass.

-mld