Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude didn't change time zone, same MSK+5. New Russia map without DST.

Paul Koning paul_koning at Dell.com
Tue Apr 5 14:38:41 UTC 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Andy Lipscomb wrote:

> "Is there any one person (or subgroup of people) within the TZ Group
> who is (are) advocating that time zones be pulled out of the UTC offset
> and that time zones be known simply as TZ 1-to-24?
>
> My reference on this topic is within the right column of this page:
> http://smallbusinessschool.org/page2424.html
>
> Is this a silly concept?  Is so, I would be very interested to learn why..
> Thank you.

Yes, it's a silly concept.

That whole page is junk.  Clearly the author doesn't understand the subject matter at all.

I've never heard of the organization you quoted; given what I see here I don't think I'll ever look at them again.

	paul