Update for Russia?

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Fri Apr 15 20:43:49 UTC 2011

> Any further news on Russia? Is there any expectation that this will be resolved soon? Or is it going to be months?

The word from a researcher originally from Russia is that current time there is thought of as "permanent standard" rather than "permanent summer" or "permanent daylight" time. If no authoritative information comes in before next Wednesday, I hope to visit the Russian embassy and get something more official.

Current time being considered standard does make for more work; we get to change each zone rather than changing only the Russia rules.

Bottom line: expect Russian changes within thirty days.

        --ado