Some modifications of China related timezone info.

Robert Robert
Wed Jul 13 23:14:41 UTC 2011

    Date:        Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:54:12 -0400
    From:        John Hawkinson <jhawk at MIT.EDU>

  | I can't say I see quite why it is such a bad thing to make exceptions
  | in the uniform policy where they are clearly understandable and
  | preferred by most people... I'm skeptical of claims of
  | non-scalability.

The scalability that matters isn't what the zoneinfo files can handle, but what this mailing list can handle.

Having a simple rule that always gets followed allows us to ignore endless arguments about what is, or is not, "preferred by most people", and how anyone could ever really tell (when that argument is made, 99% of the time, it means "I prefer".)

Of course, we still periodically get this discussion - but at least there's just one of this one, and not the many "this name is better than that name"
for any arbitrary name.

kre