[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 7 09:47:04 UTC 2011

    Date:        Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:54:54 +0200
    From:        Yann Droneaud <yann at droneaud.fr>

  | It's probably a good time to switch to a distributed version control

Actually, while that's almost certainly a good idea, right now is
precisely not the time to be doing that.    Too many changes all at once
just lead to chaos.

And even that leaves aside the question of just which of those systems to
adopt, which is a question, every other time I have seen it (other contexts),
that never seems to get settled quickly - they all seem to have different
advantages and disadvantages, which is "best" depends a lot on what each
individual user sees as most important.

So, that's a good question to put on the back burner and move towards,
and then perhaps adopt, sometime when we can get the historical (sccs I
think) database, so it can be converted (and all its log history not be
lost.)

kre