[tz] LST

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 11 04:45:13 UTC 2011

    Date:        Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:00:48 -0400
    From:        David Patte <dpatte at relativedata.com>

  | I feel that the abbreviation LST would add some unnecessary confusion
  | since it could mean either
  | Local Standard Time, or Local Summer Time - ie: it gives no hint about
  | the clock-advanced status.

Yes, that was deliberate - that is, part of the aim is to try and reinforce
the understanding that these abbreviations offer no meaningful value
whatever...  (except perhaps in one of the very few jurisdictions where
they are actually defined, and even there, only if the application has
some other means to know that the particular jurisdiction is the one of
concern.)

kre