[tz] Reply to blues ...

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 07:57:01 UTC 2011

Random832 wrote:
> Why doesn't the "reply-to" header get set on these messages?

This is one of those areas where where there is no 'right' answer ;)
Just like top posting ...

I am sure that the RIGHT answer is getting much more intelligent email clients
so that WE can flag email folders that relate to LISTS and automatically reply
to the list. I understand the reasoning for not setting the reply to back to the
list and like probably half of the users I don't agree with it. A lot more of my
list folders simply need 'reply', and currently I have to remember to 'reply
all' to the lists that don't - which seems totally wrong since one ends up with
multiple copies even with 'delete duplicate' switched on!

Perhaps we need 2 email addresses for a list, one that does and one that doesn't
... then 'admin' can see just how many prefer each?

( And there should be a rule that top posters don't have quote switched on
either ... since they never remove all the dros below the small it they are
answering :) )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL