[tz] Is there a high-level conversion process description available?

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Oct 24 18:43:41 UTC 2011

On Mon 2011-10-24T14:21:04 -0400, Willy at willylorenzo.com hath writ:
> Yes, it would be nice to use the binaries, but I have to provide a complete
> solution that can, upon someone retrieving and extracting the tz data,
> update the db with a click of a button on a Windows computer.

Unless I'm mistaken one of the goals of the CalConnect Timezone
Technical Committee effort is to define network server mechanism for
providing zoneinfo to any client which needs to know that.
Is this the sort of project which can wait for that spec to mature and
use its data?  If so that might be preferable to inventing yet another
mechanism.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855