Re coming Russian-Belarusian-Ukrainian timezone change

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:53:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Yury Tarasievich
<yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:

> After all, why bother with abbreviated denotations at all? GMT+3 might
> nicely do for Europe/Minsk etc.
IIRC UTC and not GMT is the basis for most time legislation that is
currently in place.

> But if there has to be such thing as the
> abbreviature, let it make sense to its users in the first place.

Agreed. Which could lead to the question who are the users? The Theory
file does not make any statement about that.

I thought people when communicating between geographic areas with
different offset observance might use it. I.e. not people "on the
street" within an area observing same offset rules.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/tobias_conradi