[tz] TZ from lat/lon?

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Fri Mar 2 02:58:53 UTC 2012

Time Zone Master, from relativedata.com, is a windows program that does
this type of calculation internally. Of course there are limitations,
since (especially in north america) very small areas can have differing
zones than those around it. It uses a proprietary algorithm and open
source databases to make a best-bet estimate of lat-lng to tz, and is
quite good at it.

The programme is free from our site, and is packaged as a desktop clock
application, but if you are looking for a more specific product for your
needs, the internal latlong->tz engine could be rebuilt into something
more suitable. Let me know what you are looking for.