[tz] TZ from lat/lon?

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Thu Mar 15 20:03:20 UTC 2012

On 02.03.2012 02:46 CE(S)T, H J wrote:
> Not sure if this is the best place to ask this (and if not, I would
> be very thankful for any suggestions), but does anyone know of a
> decent open source lat/lon-to-timezone package that runs _standalone_
> (as opposed to querying a server somewhere)?

Hi,

I have written a C# application that uses data from the tzmap database
some time ago. You give it your lat/lng coordinates and it gives you the
local timezone name from there. I was planning to publish my tz-related
tools sometime in the future, but I could send you a copy of it now if
you wish.