[tz] dead code in zic

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 04:53:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for the correction; I was remembering the bad old days when min_time
was a time_t.

So...in the present day, the "dayoff" code is, as you noted, a no-op on
systems where longs are 32 bits.
It is still needed on systems where longs are 64 bits. And since "sizeof"
can't be used in "#if" directives,
conditionalizing (to get rid of the dead code warning) isn't as easy as we
might like.

        @dashdashado