[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

Tim Thornton tt at smartcomsoftware.com
Wed May 8 08:15:27 UTC 2013

Reading this and the Macquarie Island discussion, the frequent repeated
requests for renaming of TZs etc, is there a case for having a readily
accessible set of documents that define current practice on TZs? In the
years I've been following the group, these issues seem to be coming up with
increasing frequency. Instead of relying on a pool of common knowledge
underlying the existing documents, and having to exp[lain and justify things
each time when challenged, things would be properly defined. This would also
then provide a fixed starting point for looking at any changes to the
current practice.
Tim

Smartcom Software Ltd
Portsmouth Technopole
Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth PO2 8FA
United Kingdom

www.smartcomsoftware.com

Smartcom Software is a limited company registered in England and Wales,
registered number 05641521.