[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu May 9 20:57:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 10:59:45AM -0400, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2013, at 8:23, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > > The regions are _absolutely_ defined by political boundaries. It's why
> >
> > That is your _goal_, yes, but where does it say so?
>
> in the Theory file.     "Include at least one location per time zone
> rule set per country."

In context, that seems to mean what I said, yes...

The point is that that absolute definition is your goal, and not written
down in the Theory file, ignoring out-of-context quoting (general rules
vs. absolute definitions, and this not being applicable to the case in
question).

> You've been avoiding the word "country" for some reason, and I've gone
> along with it, but it's certainly in the documentation.

What the heck, I am not avoiding anything. I *replied* to a mail that used
that term:

   > From: David Patte ₯ <dpatte at relativedata.com>
   >
   > that A) the database explicitly identifies what political boundary each

And he didn't even *mention* the word country in the part I replied to.

Are you attempting to single-sidedly change the topic of this subthread
and then accuse others of not using your terms or what?

> Whether a city is in a country is certainly a question of political
> boundaries, and I can't imagine what kind of mental contortions you
> would have to go through to justify claiming otherwise.

I am obviously not justifying anything you claim. Please get your facts
and claims right.

In any case, I will not comment further on this topic, as exchanging
accusations isn't leading anywhere.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de