[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Wed May 8 14:59:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013, at 8:23, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > The regions are _absolutely_ defined by political boundaries. It's why
>
> That is your _goal_, yes, but where does it say so?

in the Theory file.     "Include at least one location per time zone
rule set per country."

You've been avoiding the word "country" for some reason, and I've gone
along with it, but it's certainly in the documentation.

The dispute is over whether the city currently being used to name this
zone is in the country that the zone is intended to serve or not.
Whether a city is in a country is certainly a question of political
boundaries, and I can't imagine what kind of mental contortions you
would have to go through to justify claiming otherwise.