[tz] Getting close to new release: testing, testing, ...

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 16:00:18 UTC 2013

Tim Parenti wrote:
> I can do this, yes, but more important is that the reasons behind the changes to
> these 36 files are lost amongst those 74 commits.  For effective review, I think
> it would be quite prudent to summarize specifically what changes are (and are
> not) made by this changeset, because this is the sum of so many different
> changes that I really can't make sense of it all from just a diff, and I don't
> believe I'm alone.

Using DVCS properly does allow for finer commit details. One of the reasons for
my suggestion to split data from code to make that easier to achieve. I run Hg
here rather than Git as it provides more visual tools to view and manage
changes. It allows me to maintain a local repo with my own changes and cherry
pick other commits. And to add to the picture, the tools like TortoiseHg run on
both Linux and Windows .... the online view falls short of what can be achieved
locally offline

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL