[tz] Getting close to new release: testing, testing, ...

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Thu Sep 12 15:39:00 UTC 2013

On 12 September 2013 11:29, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> > I've very much lost track of what changes have happened and
> > what have not.
>
> To do that, compare the latest stable release (2013d, or
> 8f10e5c in the experimental repository) to the master
> head.  If you have the git repository, you can run this
> shell command:
>
>   git diff 8f10e5c...HEAD
>
> Or you can visit this URL:
>
>   https://github.com/eggert/tz/compare/8f10e5c...HEAD
>
> and click on 'Files Changed' to see each change to each file.

I can do this, yes, but more important is that the reasons behind the
changes to these 36 files are lost amongst those 74 commits.  For effective
review, I think it would be quite prudent to summarize specifically what
changes are (and are not) made by this changeset, because this is the sum
of so many different changes that I really can't make sense of it all from
just a diff, and I don't believe I'm alone.

--
Tim Parenti