[tz] draft of change summary for next tz release

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 16:45:27 UTC 2013

Guy Harris wrote:
>> >The date it was first used is important as well ... both of which are just pulled from the release history.
> What is "it", and what does "used" mean here?

What I mean is that the old names where in official use for a period of time and
those names are used in material created during that time, so the period that
they were valid for is important information. I would go as far as to say that
the legacy material would have been written with reference to the historic
returns from the TZ database but that is a separate problem, and the correct
version of TZ can easily be accessed if required.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL