[tz] Adding Asia/Beijing timezone into the database

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 19:09:35 UTC 2014

Alois Treindl wrote:
> In consequence, I propose to create zone Asia/Beijing by copying (not linking)
> Asia/Shangai, but leaving oit the DST in 1940 and 1941.

Alois ... the rule is that only changes after 1970 are managed, so like a number
of other recent correction/improvements to existing pre 1970 data, this will not
be allowed through. We do need a better way of managing pre-1970 history as it
is important, but currently iana tz is not going to provide that.

I have set up http://timedb.co.uk/ as a base to allow recording of all of the
pre-history stuff, but other activity to keep on top of other upgrades has been
eating up all my spare time. If people have pre-1970 material then copy it over
to me and I'll create pages for it as a starting point.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL