[tz] Large scale changes proposed in 2014f

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Mon Jul 28 15:40:05 UTC 2014

Remember that if we remove historical transitions that are problematic,
what we are actually doing is replacing them with a lack of transition.
The database will still give an answer for these historical
date/timezone combination. It may well give an answer that is wrong more
often than it does now.  Before it might have had a transition date that
is wrong, now it will not have any transitions at all. In the absolute,
wouldn't that make more timezone with more dates that are wrong than is
currently the case? If that's so, then isn't this a step backwards?

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Principal Member Technical Staff | 514.905.8744