[tz] Large scale changes proposed in 2014f

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Jul 29 04:17:42 UTC 2014

On 27 July 2014 03:25, Clive D.W. Feather <clive at davros.org> wrote:

> If we know or have good reason to believe that the data is
> completely bogus, then there's no point in retaining it.

Even accepting your premise, which I don't, for all the other reasons
discussed... we simply don't know:

On 11 July 2014 00:58, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> I can't prove it, but I have the strong impression that most of the
> entries that we haven't already checked were simply invented.

(from http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-July/021194.html)

And so the only comment I've seen remotely resembling support for
discarding data doesn't even seem to apply in this instance.

--
Tim Parenti