[tz] Crimea to switch to Moscow Time as of March 30, 2014

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Mar 17 19:14:59 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM,  <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:
> Though it pains me to say so, I don't agree.  We've had a whole lot of debate on
> this list about whether TZ entries should have the blessing of some "authority".
> The current approach, I believe, is that it is intended to reflect the reality on the
> ground, and official blessing is not directly relevent.  That's why there are (or
> were, or were planned to be) entries for places like Transnistria or Taiwan.

And those decisions will never please everyone.
(insert common "Palestine is not Israel" past threads)

There are continuing issues when zones even match.

I don't think people recognize the impact pluralist approaches have on
the technical ones, no matter how much the maintainers attempt to
accommodate.

Just my $0.02.

-- bjs