[tz] Crimea to switch to Moscow Time as of March 30, 2014

David Cochrane davidc at astrosoftware.com
Tue Mar 18 13:43:35 UTC 2014

The information below confirms the 2:00 time for Crimea time zone change.
This is from a Russian-speaking person in Moscow; here is a quote from his
response to my question about this:

"Yes, 2:00 is clear for Crimea. The decree states: "on 30 March 2014 at 2:00
setting the clock 2 hours ahead".
It corresponds to the Russian rule of starting DST: last Sunday in March at
2:00.
Ukrainian rule is different: last Sunday in March at 3:00.

There are many references in media to the decree (in Russian):
* Crimean Parliament Decision of 17.03.2014

http://ria.ru/world/20140317/999818828.html?utm_source=tw1
http://www.interfax.ru/world/365136
http://www.rosbalt.ru/ukraina/2014/03/17/1244869.html "