[tz] Confusion about links in backward and backzone files

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 16:38:41 UTC 2014

On 02/09/14 17:22, Jon Skeet wrote:
> I suspect that for the moment I just won't include backzone as a data
> source, with the result of the same set of zone IDs as in 2014f, but
> more of them being aliases. For most Noda Time users that's probably
> fine, but I may well want to allow users to use backzone data in the
> future, so I figure it's worth understanding as early as possible...

This is part of my complaint about this process. Zones in backzone
contain additional data to the information in the main database. My own
example is Europe/Isle_of_Man and the other UK islands which have
different start dates to the merged Europe/London ... The same with
other zones, although the level of confidence in the data is variable.
Basically anything in backzone needs it's link to the truncated alias
removing.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL