[tz] Belarus is listed in MSK timezone

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Wed Apr 1 21:39:23 UTC 2015

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Garrett Wollman <wollman at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> <<On Wed, 01 Apr 2015 22:37:36 +0300, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirchyk at gmail.com> said:
>
>> If it is an official IANA position on the matter, I am very
>> disappointed.
>
> I don't believe that IANA has an official position here; IANA hosts
> the database but does not maintain it.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no official IANA position. As noted, IANA is the host of this resource but it is maintained collaboratively by the community of contributors here, lead by the IESG-designated TZ Coordinator who is currently Paul Eggert. It is officially documented in RFC 6557, “Procedures for Maintaining the Time Zone Database”, available at http://www.iana.org/go/rfc6557 <http://www.iana.org/go/rfc6557>.

Kim Davies
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
ICANN