[tz] Belarus is listed in MSK timezone

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Thu Apr 2 19:48:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
> The main problem here is with MSK being both historically and
> nowadays widely known as "Moscow time" and absolutely zero
> public awareness of the fact that now it can also mean "Minsk
> time" in addition to lack of any official sources explaining
> that.

What time zone abbreviation do people, news media, or official
government sources in Belarus use to refer to their time zone?

If there is a simple answer, than that's what should go into
the tz database.  If people on the ground disagree about the
abreviation, then we can conduct some sort of popularity survey,
as we did with Australia and the EST versus AEST question.  If
people on the ground don't use any abbreviation, then I suppose
the tz project has to guess or invent something.

--apb (Alan Barrett)