[tz] Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Fri Apr 17 17:34:08 UTC 2015

On 17 April 2015 at 11:48, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> The America/Adak Zone data include this change, but the Pacific/Honolulu
>> Zone data do not.
>>

> Sorry, I don't understand what the phrase "this change" refers to, but I
> suppose you're thinking that Hawaii's time zone abbreviation should change?

Yeah, although I have seen HAST used to refer to time in Hawaiʻi, I've seen
HST much more commonly.

On 17 April 2015 at 12:08, Matt Johnson <mj1856 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Also, it's quite reasonable that people in Hawaii would not associate
> themselves with the Aleutian Islands, as they are separated by more than
> 2,300 Miles.

By the same token, it's reasonable that people in the Aleutian Islands
wouldn't associate themselves with Hawaiʻi!  (But, alas, AST/ADT is already
taken on the other side of the continent.)

--
Tim Parenti