[tz] Time zone selection

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 23 20:27:12 UTC 2016

On 04/22/2016 11:36 AM, Random832 wrote:
> Basically (to put it on grounds I am more familiar with), if some county
> in northwest Indiana switches from Eastern to Central time, as they are
> wont to do, the new zones are created for people who care about
> historical timestamps, but for people who don't they should simply
> switch from America/New_York to America/Chicago without ever glancing at
> the America/Indiana/* directory.

Yes, that was the intent of zone-now.tab. It should be immune to minor
changes like these. Admittedly this differs a bit from my original
description of zone-now.tab. Perhaps it should be given a less-loaded
name, to indicate that it's intended for easy settings rather than
strictly all future settings.  'zoneeasy.tab', say.  (I can't resist the
temptation of also suggesting the name 'zonetheless.tab'...)