[tz] Astrakhan region got approval to change its time zone

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 05:39:01 UTC 2016

WRT abbreviation, Are we sure that Astrakhan actually needs to be identified with a *distinct* abbreviation?  Though I agree that a new zone entry is required, it seems to me that the people living in the region will consider this as a move from Moscow time to Samara time.  Perhaps it would be better just to model it as MSK before the switch, and SAMT after?

-Matt