[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 18 12:15:55 UTC 2016

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:
> On 2016-02-17 16:29, John Hawkinson wrote:
> >
> > I want to say https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC0
> > is the answer, but it appears to require a lot more than
> > a "simple sentence," so I am now pretty unsure.
>
> Got the same reservations myself, and implications are unclear,
> despite dealing with corporate and vendor software and service
> contracts and agreements for decades.

I apply CC0 to my work with this declaration:

 * You may do anything with this. It has no warranty.
 * <http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/>

I have not got a lawyer to confirm that this is an acceptable summary of
the licence :-)

> EUPL - European Union Public Licence - recommended for EU/government software
> and content in the "public domain":
> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/eupl/og_page/european-union-public-licence-eupl-v11

Note that this is a copyleft licence so probably too demanding for use
by the tz project.

Tony.
Trafalgar: North or northwest 5 to 7. Rough or very rough. Rain or showers.
Moderate or good.