[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Thu Feb 18 19:08:38 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-18 05:15, Tony Finch wrote:
> Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:
>> On 2016-02-17 16:29, John Hawkinson wrote:
>>>
>>> I want to say https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC0
>>> is the answer, but it appears to require a lot more than
>>> a "simple sentence," so I am now pretty unsure.
>>
>> Got the same reservations myself, and implications are unclear,
>> despite dealing with corporate and vendor software and service
>> contracts and agreements for decades.
>
> I apply CC0 to my work with this declaration:
>
>   * You may do anything with this. It has no warranty.
>   * <http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/>
>
> I have not got a lawyer to confirm that this is an acceptable summary of
> the licence :-)
>
>> EUPL - European Union Public Licence - recommended for EU/government software
>> and content in the "public domain":
>> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/eupl/og_page/european-union-public-licence-eupl-v11
>
> Note that this is a copyleft licence so probably too demanding for use
> by the tz project.

It is the closest European licence to public domain and allows all uses
for all purposes, including deriving and sublicensing.
The Copyleft Clause is unfortunately named but serves only to ensure the
terms of the licence may not be restricted in copies or derivations.
It does not appear to be a GNU copyleft which restricts uses.