[tz] Zabaykalsky Krai (Chita) time zone changes to UTC+9 on March 27, 2016

Alexander Krivenyshev wtz at worldtimezone.com
Sat Jan 2 21:00:30 UTC 2016

Paul Eggert <eggert <at> cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Tim Parenti wrote:

> > Thanks; any word yet on the other potential changes in Astrakhan (UTC+3

> > +4) and Sakhalin (UTC+10 to +11)?

> > http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2015-November/022993.html

> > http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2015-November/022996.html

> Although the Sakhalin change seems likely to happen, as far as I know it
is not

> official yet. See:

> Russian Far-Eastern island may move its time one hour forwards. Tass 2015-
12-29.

> http://tass.ru/en/society/847533

> I don't know about the Astrakhan change.

Last news about Sakhalin region that government has approved a draft law to
change the time zone.

Next step is to get approval by the State Duma (probably in January 2016).

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/12/29/time/

As for the Astrakhan region- some news reports that the State Duma adopted
Bill in the first reading.

http://ria.ru/society/20151216/1343138125.html

Alexander Krivenyshev (worldtimezone.com)