[tz] tz-2016g.tar.gz and Oracle Java Timezone Updater

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Sep 27 23:53:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-27 11:44, Dempsey, Peter wrote:

> @Brian Inglis: The file currently at
> http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tzdata-latest.tar.gz is
> 2016f. I require the 2016g in the same format. I am unable to create
> the package myself in a Windows environment.

The update should soon be available on the IANA site.
It was attached to message id
<edb5888e-490b-db9c-403f-c2071688076c at cs.ucla.edu> from Paul Eggert in
the Time zone change in Turkey thread, as a composite code and data lzip
tar, and is available from https://github.com/eggert/tz as a zip or via
git clone.
The message says after un-tar-ing the file, and cd-ing into the created
directory, "make tarballs" will reproduce the normal distributed packages,
if your system can run make, tar, gzip, and lzip.

If you install Cygwin or Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux aka Bash on
Ubuntu on Windows, you should have to add only the lzip package to
either alternative. Adding the gcc package will also allow you to
build the code.