[tz] question about mktime_tzname()

Kees Dekker Kees.Dekker at infor.com
Fri Jan 13 13:24:07 UTC 2017

I discovered that zdump.c was updated, and now got additional code from private.h. Why?

I'm busy porting the code to Windows, and now see duplicate stuff, but private.h is already included in zdump.c. It is not a big problem (but in general, I like to avoid duplicating stuff); I just have to apply some changes that I already applied myself to private.h. In this case: Visual Studio is not setting STDC_VERSION but adheres more or less to STDC (at least, has stdbool.h). When I'm finished I will send a complete patch with my Visual Studio portingset changes (will take some additional time, probably weeks).

Another point of attention is mixing size_t (e.g. result of strlen()) and int. Complaining compilers, especially in 64-bit mode, will raise an warning or error when mixing these types (regarless the tz code will never return a strlen() value that will exceed a signed 32-bit value). I will try to resolve these 64-bit warnings (the Makefile provided with the tzcode still uses a default mode of the compiler. As far as I know, this is 32-bit on most platforms. Changing CFLAGS to -m64 -Wall -Wextra will also show a lot of warnings on e.g. Linux).