[tz] Canada/East-Saskatchewan

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 24 00:21:40 UTC 2017

On 10/23/2017 01:01 PM, Zefram wrote:
> Derick Rethans wrote:
>> I saw that the PHP build with the new timezone database (2017.3) failed
>> due to Canada/East-Saskatchewan suddenly being gone. What's up with
>> that?
> As explained in the NEWS file:
>
>      Remove Canada/East-Saskatchewan from the 'backward' file, as it
>      exceeded the 14-character limit and was an unused misnomer anyway.

Yes, it looks like php-src/ext/date/lib/timezonedb.h was updated to
2017c without making the corresponding changes to
php-src/ext/date/lib/timezonemap.h. The PHP build needs  those two files
to be consistent with each other.

What program generates those two files, by the way? I'd like to mention
it in tz-link.htm.