[tz] Canada/East-Saskatchewan

Derick Rethans derick at derickrethans.nl
Tue Oct 24 09:51:01 UTC 2017

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017, Paul Eggert wrote:

> On 10/23/2017 01:01 PM, Zefram wrote:
> > Derick Rethans wrote:
> > > I saw that the PHP build with the new timezone database (2017.3) failed
> > > due to Canada/East-Saskatchewan suddenly being gone. What's up with
> > > that?
> > As explained in the NEWS file:
> >
> >      Remove Canada/East-Saskatchewan from the 'backward' file, as it
> >      exceeded the 14-character limit and was an unused misnomer anyway.
>
> Yes, it looks like php-src/ext/date/lib/timezonedb.h was updated to 2017c
> without making the corresponding changes to
> php-src/ext/date/lib/timezonemap.h. The PHP build needs  those two files to be
> consistent with each other.

You're right that timezonemap.h needs updating, but it has nothing to do
with Canada/East-Saskatchewan missing and failing the test. It's simply
a data point that is now gone.

> What program generates those two files, by the way? I'd like to
> mention it in tz-link.htm.

It's part of https://github.com/derickr/timelib, which powers the
date/timezone support for PHP, HHVM and MongoDB. Typically you run "make
clean && make

cheers,
Derick

--