[tz] Time zone Asia/Qyzylorda

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 20 22:26:34 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 12:46 PM, Alexander Konzurovski wrote:
> No, the time zone of Qostanay did not change

Thanks for checking.

> and Asia/Almaty can be used for Qostanay.

Although that will work for today's timestamps, it will mishandle
timestamps before October 2004, as Asia/Almaty was at +06 (with DST)
from 1992 through 2004 whereas Qostanay was at +05 (with DST). Our
guideline is that a new Zone entry is needed if the timestamp history
has diverged at any time since 1970, so it looks Qostenay needs a Zone
now (it didn't before, as this is the first time it's disagreed with
Qyzylorda since 1970 as far as we know).