[tz] OpenJDK/CLDR/ICU/Joda issues with Ireland change

Paul G paul at ganssle.io
Thu Jan 25 20:43:20 UTC 2018

On 01/25/2018 11:52 AM, Random832 wrote:

> (that version number field is looking more and more important...)

Is this version information file intended for actual distribution and/or distributed by anyone? I see that zic creates a `tzdata.zi` file, but it doesn't seem like Arch Linux or Debian are distributing it (Ubuntu does not seem great about updating their tzdata package, so I'm not sure if it's not there just because no one has updated tzdata since it's been around).

It seems kinda important to have a consistent way of getting the version if you want people to be able to cope with possibly backwards incompatible-ish changes in the database.