[tz] Getting current tzdb version in use

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 20 15:51:14 UTC 2018

Howard Hinnant wrote:
> I might as well quit trying and just go home and watch reruns.

Hogan's Heroes is my rerun of choice. Its main point is to show that the evil,
corrupt, and powerful Germans were incompetent fools. The real world should be
more like Hogan's Heroes.

I recently watched its episode "The Antique" (first aired 1969-12-12), in which
prisoner-of-war Hogan bamboozles camp commandant Klink into shipping coded
cuckoo clocks to Paris, Le Havre, Cherbourg, Brussels and Amsterdam.
Unfortunately the episode doesn't mention that the clocks' time settings are
already OK because the Germans had imposed German time on all these areas. So I
shouldn't link to it from tz-art.html, unfortunately.

http://hh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Antique