[tz] Wrong spelling of a city in a timezone name

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Wed Oct 10 03:12:57 UTC 2018

Numbers, when arbitrarily assigned, can be quite political, too.  As are
time zones themselves.  Nearly everything can be made political, and that
is the point.  Nothing we can do will "free this project from politics" in
any complete sense.

To be clear, though, there is a difference between the general concept of
English (which is spoken as a primarily language in several countries, and
used secondarily by many organizations in nearly every country), and US
English specifically.  I, at least, have taken what measures I can to
ensure we're dealing with the former, and not the latter, when it comes to
place names.

--
Tim Parenti