[tz] 2018e Morocco

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 20 15:22:33 UTC 2018

Kiley Walbom wrote:

> Rule       Morocco              2013       max       -              Oct         lastSun 3:00       0              -
> Rule       Morocco              2036       only       -              Oct         19           3:00       0              -
> Rule       Morocco              2037       only       -              Oct         4             3:00       0              -
>
> Our new program "thinks" there is an overlap in the end dates.  After looking at the rules we believe the end date for line 893 should look like this:
>
> Rule       Morocco              2013       2035       -              Oct         lastSun 3:00       0              -

No, because then the end dates from 2038 on would be missing. This is important
for platforms where time_t doesn't expire in 2038 (and these platforms should be
universal by then).

Multiple rule lines can apply during the same year. So, for example, in 2036 the
"2013 max" and "2036" rules both apply, and the former is a no-op because
standard time has already been put into effect by the latter.