[tz] [tz-announce] 2018f release of tz code and data available

Per Kristian Fjellby p.fjellby at sportradar.com
Thu Oct 25 08:59:20 UTC 2018

Just my two cents..

I needed to patch up our JDKs since we need the Volgograd-patch and
can't wait for an official release. That meant me hitting the same
problem as described in https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8212684
and having to build the rearguard from the tz-source myself. Would it be
possible to host these *guard-builds on the iana.org/time-zones page as
well, giving downstream users that will have to rely on these releases
for some time a place to find them without building them from source?
Apart from saving us a build it also gives people who are not following
the tz-code closely a notice that something has changed and that they
need to watch out for this.

Thanks.

//Per Kristian