[tz] zdump bug?

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 29 01:46:17 UTC 2018

    Date:        Sun, 28 Oct 2018 19:21:18 -0400
    From:        Arthur David Olson <arthurdavidolson at gmail.com>

   | If this is a bug I'd characterize it as a localtime.c bug rather than a
   | zdump bug.

I don't think it is a bug at all - even though I had forgotten about it and
(for a while) confused myself into thinking the last update had not really
worked when I was testing it that way ...

But if anything were to change, it ought to be zdump - this is never an
issue anywhere else.

zdump could be taught that if its zone arg is obviously intended to be
a filename, rather than a zone name (like it starts ./ or ../) then it should
simply prepend ${PWD}/ to the start of it, so it gets a fully qualified name,
which works.

kre